Guidelines - Mine-wide Monitoring
Mine Wide Monitoring System (PDF)
Guidelines - Opening a new deep mine
- Obtain a Water Quality Management Permit (Water Permit) - Form ER-BWQ 15 Rev. 3/77. Bureau of Water Quality Management. Phone: (717) 787-9646.
- Mine Subsidence Permit, California District Office, 25 Technology Drive, California Technology Park, Coal Center, PA 15423. Phone: (724) 769-1100.
- Coal Refuse Disposal Permit; Division of Solid Waste Management; Phone: (717) 787-7381.
- Strip Mine License and Bond; Bureau of Surface Mine Reclamation; Phone: (717) 787-4827. (If it is necessary to strip for deep openings).
- Notify District Mine Inspector.
- Notify New Stanton Bureau of Mine Safety (Bituminous). Phone: (724) 404-3139.
- Discuss the following with the District Mine Inspector and procure written approval of the Director of the Bureau of Mine Safety:
- Roof Control Plan
- Mine Electrical System
- Safety Zones
- Ventilation Plans
- Approval of Electrical Equipment
- Mining Methods and Plans
- Plan for Drainage
- Execute all necessary paper work and submit to the District Mine Inspector