Request For Determination
Effective January 10, 2019, inquiries and correspondence regarding new permit applications, reporting, and compliance matters related to sites in Armstrong and Indiana Counties should be directed to DEP’s
Northwest Regional Office. Questions on permit applications under review as of January 9, 2019, and pending enforcement matters for Armstrong and Indiana Counties should be directed to DEP’s
Southwest Regional Office. Inquiries can also be directed to
Mining and Radiation Protection permits and programs are not affected by this regional office change.
The RFD*Online project creates an RFD process that:
- Provides facility owner/operators with information to assist them in understanding the RFD process and a real-time online feature to view the exemption status for a new or modified emission source or process.
- Provides DEP staff with an RFD submission process that reduces variation and misinterpretation of regulatory exemption criteria and tools to assist them in evaluating submitted RFD information.
- Captures and maintains RFD data electronically to facilitate overall permit management within DEP.
Additionally, the RFD*Online process:
- Reduces submission and evaluation confusion.
- Accelerates the RFD evaluation process and decreases turn-around time.
- Improves data quality by reducing data processing errors and incomplete submissions.
- Prepares submitted data for use with other permit-related processes.
- Leverages the use of automated, web-based tools.
RFD*Online application is a "self-registered" application offered on the Department's 'GreenPort' web portal. No paper application is required, just visit:
If you don't already have an account for another reason, such as emission inventory, click on the blue "Click here to self-register" button and follow the instructions on the screen.