Municipal Waste Permitting
Operators of municipal waste transfer, processing and disposal facilities in Pennsylvania must have permits from the Department of Environmental Protection to build, operate, expand, and close facilities. Permitted operators must conduct periodic tests (such as waste and water analyses), maintain records and transmit data to DEP (such as types of waste and tonnage received), and operate in compliance with DEP regulations. Permitting enables DEP and the operator to work together to promote waste management goals and protect human health and the environment.
The Department has a dynamic permitting program to ensure the sound environmental management of municipal wastes. The methods used to process or dispose of them, and the impact these materials and ,andling methods could have on the environment and human health.
Bonding Worksheets (eLibrary)
- Bonding Worksheet Instructions 2540-FM-BWM0580
- Landfills and Disposal Impoundments 2540-FM-BWM0581
- Incinerators 2540-FM-BWM0582
- Transfer Stations 2540-FM-BWM0583
- Agricultural Utilization 2540-FM-BWM0584
- Composting Facilities 2540-FM-BWM0585
- Processing Facilities 2540-FM-BWM0586
Disposal Approval Forms
Municipal Waste Inspection Forms (elibrary)
Quarterly Municipal Waste Management Fees
Municipal Waste Report Forms