Office of Oil and Gas Management
Conservation Law Public Hearing
Oil and Gas Surface Regulations
- eFacts Department Data Information System. The public can search for individual permits (authorizations), operators (clients), wells (facilities), inspections, and by Program (OG).
- eNotice is a service that will send you an email of each application on request.
- eMapPA will also show you where the well is located in the Department's Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Oil and Gas Mapping Application. This interactive application shows a wide variety of Oil and Gas information, including locational data, permitting documents, inspections and compliance information regarding Oil and Gas wells.
- Historical Oil and Gas Development in Allegheny County. This story map compares a historical oil and gas legacy development map (1930-1960s) to aerial imagery in Allegheny County. Permitted, registered, and other oil and gas well locations confirmed by the Department of Environmental Protection are also shown.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is not involved in regulating lease agreements between mineral property owners and producers. Lease agreements are contractual matters between private parties. DEP does not audit payments, read or calibrate meters or tanks, or otherwise get involved in lease matters.