Chapter 109 (Safe Drinking Water) General Update and Fees
The Pre-draft Proposed Chapter 109 (Safe Drinking Water) General Update and Fees package was presented to the Small Water Systems Technical Assistance Center (TAC) Advisory Board on November 14, 2016. The TAC meeting materials include a PowerPoint presentation, draft regulatory language (Annex A) and Fee Report and are available at the following link:
The proposed amendments are intended to:
- Incorporate the remaining general update provisions that were separated from the proposed Revised Total Coliform Rule (RTCR) as ordered by the Environmental Quality Board as follows:
- Clarify source water assessment and protection program requirements
- Revise treatment technique and turbidity performance requirements.
- Revise permit requirements and design standards, and add new requirements for alarm and shutdown capabilities.
- Require auxiliary power or an alternate provision, such as adequate finished water storage or interconnections.
- Establish new annual fees and amend existing permit fees.
- Incorporate additional general updates that will:
- Establish the regulatory basis for issuing general permits.
- Clarify that noncommunity water systems require a permit or approval from DEP prior to construction or operation.
- Address concerns related to gaps in monitoring and tracking of back-up water sources and entry points.
Informational Webinar For Stakeholders
You can view the slides or a full recording of the December 8, 2016 webinar by choosing one of the following options:
Early input from advisory committee and other stakeholders:
Small Water Systems Technical Assistance Center (TAC) Advisory Board Meetings:
- November 14, 2016, 9:00 am, Room 105, Rachel Carson State Office Building, 400 Market St., Harrisburg
- January 5, 2017, 9:00 am, Room 105, Rachel Carson State Office Building, 400 Market St., Harrisburg
Other tentative dates:
For more information, please visit TAC's website at the following link: