Hazardous Waste Program
The hazardous waste program regulates the generation, storage, transportation, treatment, and disposal of hazardous waste.
The Division of Hazardous Waste Management:
- Develops regulations on hazardous waste management;
- Issues Hazardous Waste Transporter Licenses;
- Provides technical support and guidance on the Minimization and management of hazardous waste containing persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic chemicals;
- Provides guidance on Permitting and compliance monitoring of hazardous waste generators, permit-by-rule facilities, treatment facilities, storage facilities, surface impoundment facilities, incinerators, and land disposal facilities;
- Manages the EPA RCRA grant; and
- Coordinates the RCRA Corrective Action Program
The Regional Solid Waste Management Programs:
- Provides technical support and guidance on the minimization and management of hazardous waste;
- Perform inspections; and
- Enforce regulations.
DEP’s Hazardous Waste Mailing List
The Division of Hazardous Waste Management is creating an email distribution list to periodically alert interested parties of news and announcements concerning the Department’s hazardous waste program. The distribution list will be a valuable tool to notify the regulated community, consultants, stakeholders, or virtually anyone with an interest in the hazardous waste program, of upcoming regulations, regulatory deadlines, events, and other information pertaining to the generation, treatment, storage, disposal, or transportation of hazardous waste under the regulations incorporated by DEP and the US EPA.