Recycling Statutes and Regulations
- Covered Device Recycling Act, Act 108 of 2010 - An Act establishing a recycling program for certain covered devices; imposing duties on manufacturers and retailers of certain covered devices; providing for the powers and duties of the Department of Environmental Protection and for enforcement; establishing the Electronic Materials Recycling Account in the General Fund; and prescribing penalties.
- Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling and Waste Reduction Act, Act 101(includes Amendments) of 1988 - Provides for municipal waste processing and disposal planning, submission of plans, authorizing grants, requires municipal recycling programs and establishes the Recycling Fund.
- Small Business and Household Pollution Prevention Program, Act 190 of 1996 (see Chapter 2) - Establishes asmall business pollution prevention and hazardous waste collection program.
- Solid Waste Management Act, Act 97 of 1980(include amendments) - Provides for the planning and regulation of solid waste storage, collection, transportation, processing treatment and disposal. Requires county plan development, permits and licenses and establishing the Solid Waste Abatement Fund.
- Solid Waste Resource Recovery Development Act, Act 198 of 1974- Established the Solid Waste-Resources Recovery Development Fund and the use of that fund for municipal planning and development of resource recovery and solid waste disposal/processing programs.
- Waste Tire Recycling Act, Act 190of 1996 (includes Amendments)
- Act 24 of 2010- Provides $1.25 million per fiscal year from FY 09/10 to FY 12/13 for the Used Tire Pile Remediation Restricted Account.
Technical Guidance Documents