Begin Main Content Area

Non-Civil Service Positions

How Do I Apply for a Non-Civil Service Position?

Those positions that are non-civil service are filled in coordination with the Bureau of State Employment (BSE) in the Governor's Office of Administration. DEP’s non-civil service positions are few in number and are typically senior-level positions or policy, legislative, and communications positions. Pennsylvania residency is not required. Interested applicants can apply online at

References on the DEP website to engineers, geologists and/or surveyors reflect civil service job titles and do not imply professional licensure. Professional licenses may be indicated on an individual level with PE (professional engineer), PG (professional geologist) or PLS (professional land surveyor) following an employee's name.