Each year, Pennsylvania invests in its schools, county conservation districts and other nonprofit organizations to improve environmental awareness among students and adults alike.
The Environmental Education Grant Program was established by the Environmental Education Act of 1993, which mandates that five percent of all pollution fines and penalties collected annually by the Department of Environmental Protection be set aside for environmental education. Since the inception of the environmental education grant program, DEP has awarded more than $10 million in grants to support the environmental education efforts throughout Pennsylvania.
Administered through DEP, the funds are used for projects ranging from creative, hands-on lessons for students, teacher training programs, and outdoor learning resources to conservation education for adults.
2017 Environmental Education Grants Program
- 2017 Environmental Education Grants Program Manual (PDF and Word)
- Successful Environmental Education Grant Writing Strategies Workshop Webinar (WMV | MP4 | PowerPoint)
- 2017 General Grant Detailed Budget Sheet (PDF and Word)
- 2017 Mini-Grant Detailed Budget Sheet (PDF and Word)
- Partnering Form (PDF and Word)
2016 Environmental Education Grants Reporting Forms