Apply now for the 2019 Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence!
The Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence is open to any Pennsylvania business, farm, government agency, educational institution, non-profit organization and individual that has created, or participated in, the development of a project that promotes environmental stewardship in Pennsylvania.
Applications can be submitted to DEP from October 17, 2018, through December 17, 2018.
How to Apply:
- DEP will accept project applications through the Award Nomination Website
- Refer to the Project Guidelines (PDF) for information regarding project eligibility and evaluation
- Fill out the required information on the Award Nomination Website
- Provide the details about the project using this Application Form (Word)
- Upload the Application Form
- Upload supplemental photos, videos, or other documentation about the project (optional)
Consider these helpful tips when filling out your application:
- Complete each section of the Application Form
- Provide clear, thorough details about the project
- Graphs, charts, and graphics are helpful when explaining data and statistics
- Photos, videos, press releases, letters of support, etc., are excellent supplements for project applications!
- When can applicants expect to be notified if they were selected for an award?
- Applicants selected for an award will be notified by March 1, 2019.
- Can an applicant submit applications for multiple projects?
- Yes, if an individual, organization, or business would like to apply for multiple projects, they may submit ONE application PER project
- If selected, what do applicants receive as an award?
- Applicants chosen for the Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence will receive a physical award plaque and will be invited to the Award Reception Dinner in April 2019.