Welcome to the Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence website! If you would like to apply for the 2019 Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence, applications can be submitted to DEP beginning in October 2019. Please check back when the application website is up and running!
The Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence is open to any Pennsylvania business, farm, government agency, educational institution, non-profit organization and individual that has created, or participated in, the development of a project that promotes environmental stewardship and economic development in Pennsylvania. To be eligible for consideration, projects must have been completed by October 15, 2019.
Applicants will be able to submit their projects using an online form, which will be available on this website shortly.
Interested in applying for an award? Here are some helpful tips when filling out your application:
- Complete every section of the application.
- Provide clear, thorough details about your project.
- Graphs, charts, and graphics are helpful when explaining quantitative data.
- Photos, press releases, letters of support, etc., are excellent supplements for project applications!
We appreciate your participation in the betterment of Pennsylvania and its environment and we look forward to reviewing your application!
Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence FAQ
Can an applicant submit applications for multiple projects?
- Yes. If an individual, organization, or business would like to apply for multiple project, they may submit ONE application PER project.
When can applicants expect to be notified if they were selected for an award?
- Applicants selected for an award will be notified by March 1, 2020.
If selected, what do applicants receive as an award?
- If selected, applicants chosen for the Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence will receive a physical award plaque.
- Recipients of the 2020 Governor’s Awards for Environmental Excellence will be honored at a dinner hosted by the Pennsylvania Environmental Council on Tuesday April 21st, 2020 at the Hilton Harrisburg located on One North Second Street in Harrisburg.
- Information about the event can be obtained by contacting Angela Vitkoski of PEC at 570-718-6507 or