For the purposes of determining compliance with the requirements of Chapter 109, samples must be analyzed by a laboratory accredited by the Department, with the exception of the following accreditation-by-rule parameters (Chapter 109.304(c)):
- Residual disinfectant concentration
- Daily chlorite
- Magnesium hardness
- Fluoride for fluoridation operation
The accreditation-by-rule parameters do not need to be analyzed by an accredited lab, but they must be analyzed by one of the following:
- A properly certified operator
- A person operating under a standard operating procedure from a properly certified operator
- An environmental laboratory, accredited for these parameters in accordance with Chapter 252
Samples must be analyzed using approved analytical techniques (Chapter 109.304(a)).
RESIDUAL DISINFECTANT CONCENTRATION:
In addition to analyzing residual chlorine samples under an approved analytical method, systems must also follow EPA Method 334.0.