For the purposes of determining compliance with the requirements of Chapter 109, samples must be analyzed by a laboratory accredited by the Department, with the exception of the following accreditation-by-rule parameters (Chapter 109.304(c)):
- Residual disinfectant concentration
- Daily chlorite
- Magnesium hardness
- Fluoride for fluoridation operation
The accreditation-by-rule parameters do not need to be analyzed by an accredited lab, but they must be analyzed by one of the following:
- A properly certified operator
- A person operating under a standard operating procedure from a properly certified operator
- An environmental laboratory, accredited for these parameters in accordance with Chapter 252
Samples must be analyzed using approved analytical techniques (Chapter 109.304(a)).
Residual Disinfectant Concentration
In addition to analyzing residual chlorine samples under an approved analytical method, systems must also follow EPA Method 334.0.