Recycling Performance Grants
Recycling Program Performance Grants are available to all Pennsylvania local governments with recycling programs. The grants awards are based on the total tons recycled and the applicant's recycling rate.
Post-consumer aluminum and steel cans, glass, plastics, corrugated cardboard, newspapers and other marketable grades of paper are materials eligible for the grants. All eligible materials collected from residents, business, schools, colleges, universities and community events can be factored into the grant awards.
Applicants must retain documentation demonstrating that materials claimed in the application were eligible for the grant, generated within the applicant's boundaries, and were recycled or marketed in the year covered by the application. Residues from the collection and/or marketing of recyclable materials are not eligible for grant consideration. The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) administers the program under Section 904 of Act 101, the Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling and Waste Reduction Act.
Act 140 of 2006 Recycling Performance Grants Requirements
- Contact: Bureau of Waste Management, 717-787-9871 or email@example.com
- 2017 Application Deadline: September 28, 2018
- Municipal Recycling Performance Grant Application
- 904 Recycling Performance Grants Questions and Answers
- Municipal Recycling Program Performance Grant - Documentation Requirements and Examples 252-BK-DEP4188 (eLibrary) (under revision)
- Form W-9 is required and is available as an IRS form.
Performance Grantee Awards: