Welcome to the Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence website! If you would like to apply for the 2018 Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence, applications can be submitted to DEP beginning in November 2017. Please check back in when the application website is up and running!
The Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence is open to any Pennsylvania business, farm, government agency, educational institution, non-profit organization and individual that has created, or participated in, the development of a project that promotes environmental stewardship and economic development in the Pennsylvania. To be eligible for consideration, projects must have been completed by October 1, 2017.
This year, applicants will be able to submit their projects using an online form! The application form will be available on this website shortly.
Interested in applying for an award?
Here are some helpful tips when filling out your application:
- Complete every section of the application
- Provide clear, thorough details about your project
- Graphs, charts, and graphics are helpful when explaining quantitative data
- Photos, press releases, letters of support, etc., are excellent supplements for project applications!
We appreciate your participation in the betterment of Pennsylvania and its environment and we look forward to reviewing your application.
Can an applicant submit applications for multiple projects?
- Yes, if an individual, organization, or business would like to apply for multiple project, they may submit ONE application PER project.
When can applicants expect to be notified if they were selected for an award?
If selected, what do applicants receive as an award?
- Applicants selected for an award will be notified by March 1, 2018.
- If selected, applicants chosen for the Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence will receive a physical award plaque and will be invited to the Award Reception Dinner in April 2018.