Hazardous Waste Program
The hazardous waste program regulates the generation, storage, transportation, treatment, and disposal of hazardous waste.
The Division of Hazardous Waste Management:
- Develops regulations on hazardous waste management;
- Issues Hazardous Waste Transporter Licenses;
- Provides technical support and guidance on the Minimization and management of hazardous waste containing persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic chemicals;
- Provides guidance on Permitting and compliance monitoring of hazardous waste generators, permit-by-rule facilities, treatment facilities, storage facilities, surface impoundment facilities, incinerators, and land disposal facilities;
- Manages the EPA RCRA grant; and
- Coordinates the RCRA Corrective Action Program
The Regional Solid Waste Management Programs:
- Provides technical support and guidance on the minimization and management of hazardous waste;
- Perform inspections; and
- Enforce regulations.