HABs in Pennsylvania
Like many other parts of the nation and the world, an increased understanding and awareness of HABs has developed in Pennsylvania over recent years. To coordinate monitoring, response, and communications about HABs in Pennsylvania, several Commonwealth agencies and commissions formed the
Pennsylvania HABs Task Force, which includes representatives from:
- the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection;
- the Pennsylvania Department of Health;
- the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources;
- the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture;
- the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission;
- the Pennsylvania Game Commission; and
- the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency.
This webpage serves as the “HABs hub” for the Commonwealth’s interagency HABs task force.
You can view
HAB monitoring data collected by the Pennsylvania HABs Task Force using