Growing Greener Plus Grants Program
New watershed grant features include:
- Renaissance Initiative focuses on watershed plan implementation in agriculturally-impaired catchments.
- Shovel-ready Chesapeake Bay projects apply for Countywide Action Plan Implementation Grants.
- Grantees submit Landowner-Grantee Agreements before construction.
The programs covered under the Growing Greener Plus Grants Program are:
- Growing Greener Watershed Restoration and Protection
- Surface Mining Conservation and Reclamation Act (SMCRA) Bond Forfeiture
- Abandoned Mine Drainage (AMD) Set-Aside grants
1. Sign Up
Sign up for notification for Growing Greener Watershed Protection, EPA 319, Surface Mining Conservation and Reclamation Act and AMD Set-Aside Grant Programs notification.
2. Review Materials
3. Watch Video Tutorial
4. Look Over Examples
5. Complete Forms
For a listing of awarded grants, please see
DEP’s Investment Tracker*
*Currently, DEP’s Investment Tracker is only displaying information for grants awarded using the Electronic Single Application system. Dates of inclusion in this system will vary by grant program. Historic data for all awards not contained in this current report will be added in the near future.
2021 Grant Awards
Approximately $18.2 million has been awarded to fund 65 projects to clean up waters in Pennsylvania through DEP’s Growing Greener program.
2021 Grant Award Press Releases