Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant Program: Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Rebates
*The Alternative Fuel Vehicle Program is currently under revision for 2017. At this time we anticipate accepting paper applications until the end of February and then switching to an electronic application submission process. Please check back for a link to the new electronic application process or for further updates.*
The program provides rebates to consumers for the purchase of new plug-in hybrid, plug-in electric, natural gas, propane and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.
Leased vehicles are not eligible to receive a rebate. Only purchased vehicles are eligible to receive a rebate.
An alternative fuel vehicle (AFV) must be a new vehicle with an odometer reading of less than 500 miles at the time of purchase to be eligible for a rebate.
- $2,000 rebate for a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) (battery system capacity equal/greater than 10 kWh) and battery electric vehicle (EV) (battery system capacity equal/greater than 10 kWh). Does not include electric motorcycle, scooter, ATV, or low-speed electric vehicle. (The first 250 qualified applicants only**)
- $1000 rebate for a PHEV or EV (battery system capacity less than 10 kWh). Does not include electric motorcycle, scooter, ATV, or low-speed electric vehicle.
- $1000 rebate for a compressed natural gas fueled vehicle (CNG). OEM/Certified Retrofit only.
- $1,000 rebate for a propane fueled vehicle (LPG). OEM/Certified Retrofit only.
- $1,000 rebate for a hydrogen and/or fuel cell vehicle (FC).
- $500 rebate for an electric motorcycle/scooter, ATV or other low-speed electric vehicle if registerd in Pennsylvania (EMC).
Consumers may submit applications for up to 6 months after the date of purchase. Consumers should be aware that funds may be depleted before their rebate application can be processed.
Flexible fuel, diesel and standard hybrid vehicles are not eligible for a rebate.
Please note: rebates issued as a part of this program are taxable income will result in the issuance of a 1099 form for the taxable year in which you received the rebate.
Click on the links below to download the instruction manual (program guidance document) and to download and print the rebate form in PDF format.
Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Rebate Form and Guidance
For assistance with the AFV Rebate Program call:
Toll Free: 866-294-3854
Harrisburg Area: 717-214-3492