Begin Main Content Area

Hydrogeologic Report

A Hydrogeologic Report must be submitted so DEP can evaluate the proposed source in accordance with the Rules and Regulations at 25 Pa. Code § 109.503. The report must be signed and sealed by a Pennsylvania-licensed professional geologist.

The following activities require submission of a Hydrogeologic Report with the permit application package:

  1. A new groundwater source
  2. A request for an increase in yield to an existing permitted groundwater source
  3. A request for a replacement source

For a detailed description of the Hydrogeologic Report, please go to the New Groundwater Sources page.

For projects involving a modification to an existing groundwater source, a Hydrogeologic Report may be required when geologic interpretation is necessary. The PWS must contact the DEP Regional Office prior to initiating a project that may require a permit and Hydrogeologic Report.