Processing and Disposal Facility Exemptions
The Act 90 Authorization requirements do not apply to the following processing or disposal facilities:
- Facilities where municipal or residual waste is being land applied through agricultural utilization or land reclamation.
- Facilities that operate under a permit-by-rule.
- Facilities that are not required to obtain a permit under §271.101 and 287.101 (relating to permit requirement).
- Cement kilns burning waste tires as fuel.
- Facilities that process electronic waste and components by sorting, disassembling or mechanical processing for beneficial use.
- Composting facilities.
- Facilities that process municipal or residual waste for beneficial use under an individual or general permit.