Elcon Recycling Services, LLC
- March 9, 2017 DEP letter Re: receipt of application (PDF)
- March 16, 2017 DEP letter to Elcon Re: Assertion of Confidential Business Information (PDF)
- March 24, 2017 DEP letter to Elcon Re: Permit coordination (PDF)
- March 30, 2017 Elcon response to DEP Re: CBI (PDF)
- April 11, 2017 DEP letter to EPA Re: CBI (PDF)
- April 24, 2017 DEP letter to Elcon Re: CBI (PDF)
- May 8, 2017 Elcon letter to DEP Re: CBI (PDF)
- May 30, 2017 DEP letter to Elcon – Deficiency Letter (PDF)
- May 30, 2017 Deficiency Letter Attachments (PDF)
- October 20, 2017 DEP letter to Elcon – Admin Response Acknowledgment (PDF)
- October 20, 2017 DEP letter to Elcon Re: CBI (PDF)
- November 27, 2017 DEP Letter to Elcon Re: CBI (PDF)
- December 22, 2017 Elcon letter to DEP Re: CBI (PDF)
- January 9, 2018 DEP letter to Elcon – Administrative Deficiency Letter (PDF)
- May 15, 2018 DEP letter to Elcon – Admin Response Acknowledgment (PDF)
- July 26, 2018 DEP letter to Elcon - Administrative Completeness Letter (PDF)
- July 26, 2018 DEP letter to Elcon - Assertation of CBI (PDF)
- November 13, 2018 DEP letter to Elcon – Permit Coordination (PDF)
Phase II Application – RCRA
In addition, hard copies of both the March 1, 2017, Phase II application and subsequent submissions are available for review at DEP’s Norristown Office, the Levittown Branch of the Bucks County Library (7311 New Falls Road, Levittown, Pennsylvania) and the Westampton Branch of the Burlington County Library (5 Pioneer Boulevard, Westampton, New Jersey).
Additional DEP Applications Under Review
On October 18, 2018, IES Engineers, on behalf of Elcon Recycling Services, submitted two additional applications to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) for the proposed project in Falls Township, Bucks County. Additional permits and/or approvals may still be required.
Air Quality Plan Approval Application
DEP will review the plan approval application for technical completeness and adequacy. The review ensures that a facility will meet all applicable rules and regulations, as well as meeting the best available technology, for the air pollution sources and any associated air pollution control equipment.
After review. DEP generates a draft Plan Approval that would allow for the construction and temporary operation of the proposed sources and associated control equipment. The draft contains specific conditions, including monitoring and recordkeeping, that will ensure the construction and operation of the air pollution sources and control equipment are operated in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations.
NPDES Stormwater General Permit Application
An NPDES (National Pollutants Discharge Elimination System) PAG-03 permit and best management practices are used to control stormwater runoff and pollution prevention. Following a completeness review, a technical review of the application will be conducted. This includes a site inspection and Pollution Prevention and Control Plan and proposed Best Management Practices review (if applicable).
Announcements regarding DEP opportunities for public participation will be posted here.
Comments will be accepted throughout the duration of the application review. However, only comments received within a published comment period will be responded to in a final comment response document. Please send all comments to the project resource account: RA-EPHWELCON@PA.GOV