ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE LISTENING TOUR FOCUS AREAS
- What environmental justice concerns are most pressing in your community?
- Do you feel that the current definition of an environmental justice community (20% poverty and/or 30% minority) properly represents the needs of your community and the Commonwealth at large?
- Do you feel the DEP is engaged with marginalized communities to ensure that they have a voice in the decision making process? How can the DEP be more engaged with these communities?
- What tools have you used to find out information on DEP permitting/enforcement actions?
- What ways can the DEP be more effective at sharing information with the public?
- How can the DEP be more effective at receiving public input?
- What resource(s) is your community lacking that the DEP can provide that would assist in efforts to ensure environmental equity?
- What additional steps can be taken by the Department to effectively reach out to these vulnerable communities to ensure that their concerns are taken into consideration?
Provide Us with Your Comments & Thoughts by May 25
- In person at one of the EJ listening tour stops
- Online at DEP-OEJ@pa.gov
- In writing at:
Rachel Carson State Ofce Building
Office of Environmental Justice
400 Market Street, 16th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17101
April 12, 2017, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Margaret Bell Miller Middle School
126 East Lincoln Street
Waynesburg, PA 15370
April 13, 2017, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
The Blakey Center
1908 Wyle Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
April 20, 2017, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
The Genetti Hotel & Suites
200 West 4th Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
April 27, 2017, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Tom Ridge Environmental Center
301 Peninsula Drive, Room 112
Erie, PA 16505
May 2, 2017, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Department of Environmental Protection
Southcentral Regional Office
909 Elmerton Avenue, Conference Room
Harrisburg, PA 17110
May 11, 2017 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Allentown Public Library
1210 Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18102
May 15, 2017, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
HACC Lancaster Campus
East Building, Room 203
1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602
May 23, 2017, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Chester City Hall Council Chambers
1 Fourth Street,
Chester, PA 19013
May 25, 2017, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Fairmount Water Works
640 Water Works Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Carl Jones, Jr., Esq. Director
firstname.lastname@example.org, (484) 250-5818
Nora Alwine, Regional Coordinator
email@example.com, (412) 442-4137
John Brakeall, Regional Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org, (717) 783-9731
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
Ofce of Environmental Justice
P.O. Box 7732 Harrisburg, PA 17101