Permanent Collection Programs
• CHEMSWEEP Waste Pesticide Disposal Program
- Department of Agriculture
• Empty Plastic Pesticide Container Recycling
see Department of Agriculture's Pennsylvania Plastic Pesticide Container Recycling Program.
• Mercury Thermostats
- Thermostat Recycling Corporation (TRC)
• Allegheny County
- Aleppo Twp, Aspinwall Boro, Avalon Boro, Baldwin Boro, Bellevue Boro, Ben Avon Boro, Braddock Hills Boro, Bradford Woods, Bridgeville Boro, Crafton Boro, Dormont Boro, Duquesne City, Etna Boro, Forest Hills Boro, Franklin Park Boro, Glassport Boro, Glen Osborne Boro, Hampton Twp, Indiana Twp, Ingram Boro, Kilbuck Twp, Leet Twp, McKees Rocks Boro, Millvale Boro, Moon Township, O'Hara Twp, Robinson Twp, Ross Twp, Sewickley Boro, Sharpsburg Boro, Tarentum Boro, Trafford Boro, Versailles Boro, and West View Boro have established door to door collection programs. Residents can call 800-449-7587; go to www.WMAtYourDoor.com; or e-mail AtYourDoor@WM.com. for more information.
- Shaler Township has established door to door collection program. Residents can call 1-800-464-2120; or email ShalerTwpPAEWaste-HHW@republicservices for more information.
• Beaver County
- Baden Borough, Center Township, Chippewa Township, Hopewell Township and Monaca Borough have established door to door HHW collection programs. Residents can call 800-449-7587; go to www.WMAtYourDoor.com; or e-mail AtYourDoor@WM.com. for more information.
• Bradford County
- Northern Tier Solid Waste Authority has established a permanent HHW collection program
at the NTSWA Landfill in West Burlington Township, Mon. - Fri., 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. Residents can call 570-297-4177 for more information.
• Dauphin County
Dauphin County, call (717) 982-6772 to schedule a collection.
• Erie County
- Millcreek Township Permanent Program call 1-800-449-7587 Link:
• Lancaster County
Lancaster County Permanent Program call (717) 397-9968 See Lancaster County Solid Waste Management Authority's site for details of their Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
• Lebanon County
Lebanon County call 1-800-HHW-PKUP to arrange for pickup.
• Lawrence/Mercer County
- Greenville Borough Permanent Program call 1-800-449-7587 Link:
• Monroe County
Residents can dispose of household hazardous waste at:
Chestnut Hill Township - Residents can recycle electronics at the Chestnut Hill Township Recycling Center, 3223 Hillcrest Dr., Effort, PA 18330. The Recycling Center is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays 7:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. For information, please call David Albright 570-992-7247 ext. 33.
• Susquehanna County
Susquehanna County - Susquehanna County Recycling Center Used motor oil and household batteries only. Eric Hamby 570-278-3509
• Washington County
- Carroll, Nottingham and Union Township have established a door to door HHW collection programs. Residents can call 800-449-7587; go to www.WMAtYourDoor.com; or e-mail AtYourDoor@WM.com. for more information.
• Westmoreland County
- Avonmore, Greensburg, New Kensington and Trafford have established door to door HHW collection programs. Residents can call 800-449-7587; go to www.WMAtYourDoor.com; or e-mail AtYourDoor@WM.com. for more information.
• York County
- Residents can use the door-to-door household hazardous waste pick up program by calling 1-800-449-7587 to arrange for a pick up. A collection date will then be scheduled. ALL collections will be scheduled between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Residents are allowed to call up to twice per year.
• Residents in Northwestern PA