Host Municipality Programs
Municipalities that host municipal waste landfills, resource recovery (waste to energy) facilities and commercial hazardous waste treatment, storage and disposal facilities are eligible for reimbursement of approved costs for employment of certified host municipality inspectors and may be eligible for reimbursement of costs for independent review of a permit application.
Statutes, Regulations and Technical Guidance Documents
Exclusionary Siting Criteria for Hazardous Waste Facilities (PDF)
- Grants for Host Municipality Inspectors
- Reimbursement Grants for Certain Permit Applications
Host Municipality Inspector Information
Host Municipality Inspector Training Information
- The Host Municipality Inspector certification training program has been updated to include precertification materials that must be completed prior to the training. Please contact Chris Solloway or call 717-787-1791 to obtain copies of the materials.
- eFACTS - Environmental Facility, Application, Compliance Tracking System provides information regarding permits, inspections and compliance.
- eNOTICE will send e-mails as new permit applications are submitted to DEP in your township, borough, city or county and then track those permits through the permit review process.