Application Instructions for New Haulers
New applicants can apply by submitting a paper application or by using our online application system. Instructions for each are as follows:
Applicants should receive their authorization stickers and cab cards in the mail within two weeks of the department receiving an administratively complete application. Please be advised, stickers will not be mailed via overnight/express mail. Any overnight/express mail envelopes submitted with an application will not be returned.
- Print the Municipal and Residual Waste Transportation Authorization Application Forms 2560-PM-BWM0015b
- Complete the form and mail it, along with a check or money order, to the address on the last page of the application.
- NOTE - New applicants must first be assigned a waste hauler # and Personnel Identification Number (PIN) in order to use the online application system. This will add several days to the application process. New applicants should submit a paper application, unless the applicant is familiar with the DEP Greenport or has numerous vehicles.
- Print the Municipal and Residual Waste Transporter NEW Hauler PIN Request 2560-PM-BWM0017.
- Complete the form and fax it to 717-772-5739 or mail it to the address at the bottom of the form.
- The department will generate a PIN Letter identifying your assigned Waste Hauler # and PIN, and listing instructions to access the online application system. A copy of the letter will be faxed to you (if a fax # is provided) and the original will be mailed to you.
- Follow the instructions on the PIN Letter to log onto the online application system located at DEP GreenPort.
- Click on "New Application" under the Main Menu. Complete each section under "Application Check List". Upon successfully submitting your application and credit card information, the Main Menu will indicate that your "Application is currently under review by DEP". Please note, in the application you are required to submit compliance history information for the past five years. For instructions on how to determine if DEP has issued any enforcement actions against the applicant, Compliance History Instructions.
- Applicants should receive their authorization stickers and cab cards in the mail within two weeks of the application submittal date.