Remediation Contract Services
The Remediation Contracts Section procures and manages on-call, statewide contracts with environmental service and consulting firms to support DEP's Environmental Cleanup Program. The contracts are administered from DEP's Central Office in Harrisburg. Specific projects are managed by the Regional Offices.
Competitive Sealed Proposals Process
DEP solicits proposals for contracts through the issuance of a request for proposals (RFP). Proposals properly received according to the requirements of the RFP are evaluated according to the criteria established in the RFP, which may include the following factors:
- understanding the services required
- contractor qualifications
- personnel qualifications
- soundness of approach
- socially and economically restricted business participation
- available facilities
The department also procures other remedial contracts to cleanup specific projects through competitive sealed bids. DEP provides notification of these opportunities at: Construction Contracts Section
The contract is offered for an initial two year term, with an option to renew the term up to an additional three years at the sole discretion of the commonwealth.
Types of Contract
The following are the three types of contracts managed by the Remediation Contracts Section:
- Interim Response and Remediation Services Contracts (IRRSC) - These contracts provide hazardous material response and remediation at hazardous and storage tank sites. The contracts are intended to provide interim stabilization and site cleanups. IRRSC contracts are time-and-materials type contracts.
- General Technical Assistance Contracts (GTAC) -These contractors conduct environmental investigations, site assessments/studies, remedial design, construction oversight and program support at hazardous and storage tank sites. GTAC contracts are time-and-materials type contracts.
- Laboratory Service Contracts - Contracted laboratories provide analysis of soil, sediment, waste and water samples for organic, inorganic and radiation measurement of hazardous substance contaminants and petroleum products. Laboratory contracts are unit-cost type contracts.
Commonwealth contractors may subcontract work under their contract to qualified firms. Firms interested in subcontracting opportunities should contact the existing prime contractors for opportunities.
For more information contact:
Remediation Contracts Section
Division of Site Remediation