- Land Recycling Program TGM for Vapor Intrusion into Buildings from Groundwater and Soil under Act 2 – Published November 19, 2016; Effective January 18, 2017 (253-0300-101, eLibrary)
- Vapor Intrusion Screening Value Tables (Excel)
- Vapor Intrusion Relative List of PQLs (Excel) – This is a relative list of practical quantitation limits (PQLs) that is to be used for informational purposes only. Act 2 specifies that in demonstrating attainment of any standard, the concentration of a regulated substance shall not be required to be less than the PQL set by EPA. Because EPA does not publish PQLs for the TO-series methods, the procedure in Section 250.4(c)(2) shall be used in developing PQLs for these analytical methods. Because this method of determining a PQL is specific to a particular laboratory, and will vary from one laboratory to another, the calibration data associated with a particular data set should be included when transmitting analytical results to the Department. Labs should be consulted prior to sampling to obtain method detection limits (MDLs) and reporting limits (RLs) or PQLs for the compounds of interest.
- Vapor Intrusion Guidance Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) - APR 2017 (PDF): Questions about the VI guidance that have been frequently asked or that the Department anticipates will be frequently asked have been answered in this list of FAQ's. This document will be periodically updated as new questions are received. The date at the top of the document indicates when the document was last updated.
- PA DEP Johnson & Ettinger (J&E) Models – DEP has developed PA-specific J&E model spreadsheets (below) to be used to calculate indoor air concentrations or to calculate risks associated with the indoor air pathway. Remediators should use DEP's version of the models which are based on EPA's advanced model version 3.1 spreadsheets with PA-specific model inputs. Additional information on the development and application of the models can be found in Appendix B of the vapor intrusion guidance. These models will be periodically updated to add the most up to date toxicity information. The date listed on each spreadsheet link below corresponds to the date the spreadsheet was last updated.
The Land Recycling Program (LRP) partnered with the Pennsylvania Council of Professional Geologists to conduct training on the new vapor intrusion guidance that became effective January 18, 2017. The training sessions were one-day courses that presented an explanation of the vapor intrusion guidance along with four exercises based on a case study. The slides and exercise materials from the final session in Malvern on January 10, 2017 are provided below.
- Vapor Intrusion Training Slides (PDF)
- Vapor Intrusion Training Exercises
- For additional vapor intrusion modeling information, please refer to EPA's Spreadsheet for Modeling Subsurface Vapor Intrusion webpage.